eyeReview: Pink FRIDAY

The "Moment 4 Life" for the self-proclaimed Harajuku Barbie, Nicki Minaj, has arrived. The release of her debut album, Pink Friday has hit stores and is sure to cause mayhem in the music industry. It's no secret that almost everyone has mixed feelings about Nicki, whether its over her character, her kookiness, or her lyrical content. Truth is, the young lady is good at what she does, and since music is a form of expression I personally feel that she's entitled to present herself in whatever manner she feels appropriate for herself.

With all of that being said, I've listen to the album and will give her 4.5/5 eyes!
The lyrical content is there, the punchlines, the hooks, the versatility, the story, and the element of Rap and Hip-Hop. You can hear her growth and development now from the time of her mix-tapes days. If I had to pick one, my favorite track would have to be "Fly" featuring Rihanna. Other tracks that I can listen to over and over (not including those released as singles) are: "Here I Am", "Moment 4 Life" - I believe that life is a prize, but to live doesn’t mean you’re alive...And this very moment I’m king, this very moment I slay Goliath with a sling. I wish that I could have this moment for life...'cause in this moment I just feel so alive. - and "I'm the Best". Other featuring on the album include Natasha Bedingfield, Kanye West, Drake and Will.I.Am. Overall, it is a good album that I could listen to from start to finish. Kudos to Nicki, her hater, supporters, and everyone involved in this project.

In the words of Rihanna in "Fly": I came to win, to fight, to conquer to thrive. I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...To FLY! Listen to "Fly" now, happy listening!


Do you have the album? What are your thoughts? What do you think her first week sales will look like? COMMENT!

♥ t i f f a n y
Spread Love. Live life. Be Inspired.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    The album is popping! I think she will sell at least 200,000 first week

  1. Tyrana said...:

    I have kept myself from listening to Nicki for years. I come to this blog and hear this song and I use my itunes gift card to purchase her album. I must say, i feel like i have been missing out. You can hear the heart in her music something that is rare in these times.

  1. Fash!on!sta said...:

    I give it 5/5 eyes. Fash!on!sta approved!

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)