Drake Talks Looks vs. Music in Paper Mag

Drizzy Drake covers the new Paper Magazine. Inside he touches on some points that really stuck with me. I myself am a huge proponent of letting substance take precedent over looks. Now by no means am I cosigning anyting that doesn't add up to always being presentable; however, as you and I know things have gotten out of hand. People are not judged by whom they are, as much as how they look. I don't want to sound hypocritical, because I love a beautiful woman just as much as the next, but at some point we need to learn that looks aren't the end all be all. SUBSTANCE MATTERS. When weighing in with his POV Drizzy said:

"It’s funny — the thing that I hear the least is ‘Drake makes bad music.’ People always have something to say about the way I look or the way I dress. People nitpick at my physical appearance more than my music, which is fine with me because when I look in the mirror, I know I’m not an unattractive person."(theybf.com)

For some time now I have been telling people that I like this dude's music and persona. He has a simple vibe to him that's easy to support. He doesn't come across as a "build-a-bear", and when he speaks you can tell that he's sincere. Drake is realistic and down-to-earth, what more can you ask for?


It's lonely at the top, and with liberty comes responsibility and expectation; let Drake tell you:
"I wake up and I’m scared to flip my phone over because I don’t know what songs have leaked or what some girl has said what about me. I don’t let it show because I care too much about the people around me and I need them to feel like I’m solid. No matter how much I may be going crazy inside, I always keep my composure for the sake of the people around me."

How do you feel about the "image" factor that plays into the role of life; and the music industry? COMMENT!

- Basquiat

"Spread the love and live your life; while seeking to inspire and be inspired."
Proud supporter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I like this. Its true that people are judged by their looks and as sad as it is it won't change. Fact is that Drakes music outweighs his looks tenfold.

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)