VANITY effFAIR

“Precious” star Gabourey Sidibe is making a big impact on the Hollywood scene. Big enough that it has landed her features in the latest issues of Vanity Fair and Harper’s Bazaar. It's good to see a "plus-sized" girl doing her thing despite of the nearly concrete mold that is set by the media. Hopefully this is one of many steps to break the stereotypes of those who cover magazines. Vanity Fair is dedicating their entire issue to plus size models. Gabourey tells Harper’s Bazaar on her shoot:

"I feel like a model. It justifies everyone in my life who told me I wouldn’t be anything until I lost weight. It justifies that little girl who cried because she didn’t think she could be in front of the camera. And it’s for other girls who feel like they can’t do this or that and feel like they’re not pretty and not worthy of having their photo taken."

Gabourey On her Confidence:

People always ask me, ‘You have so much confidence. Where did that come from?’ It came from me. One day I decided that I was beautiful, and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. I wear colors that I really like, I wear makeup that makes me feel pretty, and it really helps. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see. Your body is your temple, it’s your home, and you must decorate it.”
Take a glimpse at her video interview:





What do you think of this Vanity Fair/Harper Bazaar issues starring Gabourey Sidibe?

Spread Love. Live Life. Be Inspired.

t i f f a n y
Proud supporter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Lol I guess She wasnt actin in precious. dats the real her..(model wise)

  1. Fash!on!sta said...:

    She's awesome, I'm glad she's coming into her own and not letting "society" get the best of her.

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)