eyeAsk: At Whose Expense...?

In life we often make choices, not for ourselves, but in order to make others happy. This may be because we're giving people, but sometimes I can't help to wonder if those who are needy just take advantage of the kindheartedness in others. I know this happens a lot in relationships; where one person may make sacrifices and give up what they want at the thought of making another person happy. Although this may be a kind gesture, Robert Fritz once said,

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."

I know that I can personally relate to that quote.
A lot of times I give so much to others and forget about myself. At the end of the day it's not really worth it if you're not happy in the long run. You should never limit your choices in life in exchange for what seems easier or more reasonable. Sometimes I wonder, at whose expense does happiness come, and if it has to come at anyone's expense at all?

Maybe, maybe not, but I think a cool piece of advice for those of you who are always giving is to be selfish once in a while. Say no, even if you don't have to and whatever choice you make, make sure that you don't have to compromise your happiness in order to make someone else's day.

What are your thoughts?


♥ t i f f a n y ♥
Proud supporter of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts here =)